tea party


























Hope you all had a good weekend!

Mine was especially hectic but fun nonetheless.

Saturday I spent much of the day food prepping for a friend's bridal tea that a few of us hosted today in DC. But luckily I was able to squeeze in some time for some fun last night, too.

My friend Coleen and I started out the evening on a new friend's rooftop for some prosecco and a little networking. I met this new friend, Carolyn, on my recent bus trip to New York and I'm so happy that I did (typically I keep to myself on my travels).

Carolyn is the founder of this amazing nonprofit Dog Meets World - an ambitious, powerful photo diplomacy project. Upon hearing I immediately thought of my friend Coleen, who has been living in India - and headed back there this week - and has recently taken up photography in her journeys. It was only natural for the two of them to connect and join forces. Stay tuned for more on this project and Coleen's involvement.

After our visit, which was hugely successful, we headed out for a little dinner at Oyamel. Holy amazing is all I will say. Then we took on U Street, for Coleen's final Saturday night in the states.

A great time, but bittersweet.

Today's tea party bridal shower was a success, too. Lots of food, drink and fun. And a tiny tornado. What a memorable day. You can read more about it on my friend Beth's blog.

xo




{photo: lissy elle}

0 comments: