whit-ny



















Whitney Pozgay, niece of Kate Spade, combines her aunt's girly-prep style with a tomboyishness all her own in her new contemporary line of clothes called WHIT. The Brooklyn-based designer honed her skills during a stint as the lead designer of womenswear at Steven Alan - spearheading collaborations including Steven Alan for Uniqlo and the Urban Outfitters brand Lark and Wolff.

Her first lookbook for fall is inspired by her enduring love for Harold and Maude, the colorful works of artists Mark Rothko and Henry Darger, with a dose of French influence by Jane Birkin, François Hardy, and Nouvelle Vague.

The graphic shots have touches of whimsy that come to life with unique headgear. And standout pieces like the twill cape coat, bright poppy red sweater, and high-waisted wool faille miniskirt, all prove to be girlish essentials that could make a home in a range of closets.

Mod-preppy and effortlessly chic. Makes me crave fall.

Check the lookbook.





*

5 comments:

August 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I love the whimsical "hats"- esp the arrow! :)

August 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM Mandy said...

Seriously - amazing outfits. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I know I've been to yours before, so thanks for reminding me - I really love it.

August 9, 2010 at 8:34 PM BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I was totally reading about her in Lucky today. Darling pieces!

August 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM Anna said...

So great - I really would like to take one of each, thank you :)

August 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM Emily Claire said...

These are cheerful and whimsical! Thanks for sharing. :)