A little Q&A with Diana of Our City Lights!


A little treat for you this early morning!

I've had this little interview with Diana - who, must I mention, is one of my favorite bloggers - waiting in blog post limbo for the exact right time to showcase for you here. I'm having a wonderful morning and how better to spread the happiness than to share a little photography from Diana herself. I see no other way :)

Diana (many of you know her from her blog Our City Lights) is a hugely talented lady. Day in and day out she inspires me to do more. To stay creative. And if you are just getting acquainted with her now, I promise she will have the same effect on you.

We had a little chat a couple weeks back - here is what she had to say!

Tell us about City Light Photography - a little background if you will :)
The little shop began when many flickr contacts would ask for prints of my photos. I didn't mind handing out a few pics here and then, but it got a little expensive for me, so I decided to open up shop.


When did you start taking photos?
I started using a camera so long ago, maybe ten years ago, but I never used digital until about five years ago. I can handle a 35mm camera so much easier than digital. It still scares me a little.


What kind of equipment do you use?
Right now I have a Canon DSLR, but I love my film and instant cameras. I love my Polaroid 600, and my Minolta SR-T303. For digital I have a 50mm, Fisheye, 100 mm, and a 250 mm lens. My absolute favorite right now is the Fisheye.


What is your favorite photograph of yours - one you just couldn't part ways with?
It would be my Lingerie Print. I was testing out a new Polaroid camera with old film, and it just happened to come out so magical to me.

 Your favorite photography by someone else?
This one is tough, but I'm going to have to go with I'm only sleeping's photostream.


Your inspirations?
Elle Moss is inspiration because she amazes me what she can create digitally. Flickr amazes me in general for meeting so many great artists.

If you go back in time, where would you want to go and what pictures would you take?
Martin Luther King, Jr., August 28, 1963, from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Or watching the Beatles play a concert. I would love to capture those images.


Last picture you took?
I just went on vacation so I took a bunch, but this is the last one uploaded.*

*note: as of the end of March :)


Can you talk about some of the projects you are currently working on?
Oh, wow. What am I not working on? ;)

Oh Sew Dreamy began as love for embroidery for me and love for drawing for Naomi. We haven't sold anything yet, but the feedback has been positive. I'm doing Blog It Forward this month. 6,768 Miles Apart began with Ana B., and we have extended our photos from just morning to day.

 

You are one creative lady! Any other outlets besides photography and embroidery?
I used to be a hairstylist. Sometimes I miss it, getting creative with retro hair and makeup. Also, I just recently got a Bamboo tablet to experiment with digital drawing- I dropped out of fashion school for this reason- I can't draw!


And finally, please dish on the February blogger meetup. Tell us all about it!
It was like the Internet exploded, so crazy! The girls were fun and I have more respect for them after discussing some blog talk with them.

Thanks Diana! You rock :)

Get more Diana!

4 comments:

April 16, 2010 at 3:20 PM Amelia said...

oh so lovely, inspiring, dreamy - thanks for sharing and I will be back to visit here too !

Amelia.x

April 17, 2010 at 2:23 PM Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Very cool. Those are beautiful pictures!

April 17, 2010 at 7:21 PM Every Little Counts said...

a customer of mine sent me a lovely thank you note on postcard- with that same lingerie print. i never knew anything about the photographer, until now. thanks for sharing. i love her stuff!

April 18, 2010 at 7:42 PM Meet Virginia said...

soo cool!

xx
hotfunkyvibes.blogspot.com