Ahhhhhh it's finally the weekend! I'm exhausted, but incredibly happy, so I don't so much care about the fact that I can't keep my eyes open. The new pup has really spiced things up at the abode, so I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with the big guy this weekend. I know a lot of you were interested in knowing more about the dog, so here are some fun facts for you on the boy:
- We got him here, which is nowhere close to where we live.
- He was a stray.
- The shelter thought he was 4-5 years old. He definitely IS NOT. Since he has been home he has really loosened up, and I vote he's too nuts to be middle-aged. We're thinking more like 1 or 2 based on his habits.
- He's a Newfoundland/German Shepherd mix.
- He's incredibly well-behaved. A teddy bear, really. He rarely barks and could care less about other people/other dogs (unless it's a little one - kid or dog - then he spins like crazy).
- BUT, he is very guard dog. The other day we walked passed someone he did not like and he immediately pinned me up against the wall and wouldn't let me move until this guy was gone.
- He weighs approximately 85 lbs but thinks he's a lap dog.
- His tail looks like a feather duster.
- I love him.
- More pictures below!
UPDATE: Doggy paid the Vet a visit -- he's no more than 2 years old (I knew it!)